Tours & Information
Thank you for your interest in a tour at the Sharlot Hall Museum!
Keep on reading for more information about our Tour Program and the types of tours currently available at the Sharlot Hall Museum.
We offer interactive tours for school groups!
The interactive tour at the Sharlot Hall Museum offers a comprehensive look at Arizona’s early history. Exhibits focus on Prescott’s role as an early Territorial capital. For example, the Governor’s Mansion at the Museum once was the center of Arizona’s Territorial government from 1864 to 1867. Furthermore, exhibits such as the Schoolhouse and Ranch House cover everyday frontier life and society. These exhibits explore topics such as education, home life and chores on a ranch, and other experiences common to pioneer families.
Tours also provide opportunities for students to check out the Museum’s artifact collections. For instance, the Transportation Building showcases historic bicycles from the late 19th century as well as stagecoaches, covered wagons and historic cars. The Sharlot Hall Building displays artifacts from early Prescott and features an exhibit on the Yavapai Indian Tribe.
If you are interested in a school tour, we will need the following information to start your booking:
- We require a minimum of seven (7) students to book a tour
- One chaperone is required for every eight (8) students
- Tour focus area. Is it connected to what is being studied in the classroom, or a part of the grade level curriculum?
Our fees for school tours are as follows:
- Children 12-under: Free!
- Children 13-17: $3 per student
- 1st Educator: Free
- Additional Adults: $5 per adult
We also offer group tours. Group tours offer opportunities to explore our unique and engaging exhibits and appreciate our artifacts up close. They are perfect for scout troops, family reunions, business retreats and much more! Tours can also be tailored to fit interests of each group—feel free to let us know your particular needs. Similar to our school tours, we require a minimum of 7 participants to coordinate a group tour.
Our fees for group tours are as follows:
- Adults (18+): $15.00 per person
- Youth (ages 13 – 17): $7.00 per person
- Children (4 and under): Free
- Members: Free!
Ft. Whipple Tours
Due to the temporary closure of the Fort Whipple Museum, the Sharlot Hall Museum is unable to provide tours of the site, located on the Prescott VA Campus. When the museum reopens, we will provide tour information.
Required Tour Information
Regardless of tour type, we require a minimum of two weeks notice to coordinate a tour. The following information will also be required when booking:
- Dates of interest: We recommend having two dates available, in case your preferred date is already booked.
- Length of tours: 60- or 90-minutes. We strongly encourage you to choose the 90-minute tour in order to fully enjoy all that we have to offer at the Museum.
- Tour start time: Tours can start anytime between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Tentative number of participants: Please share your projected number of attendees by category (child, youth, adult, member, etc.)
- Accessibility and accommodations: If you have any specific needs for your group, please let us know so we can ensure your tour experience is a positive one.
Contact us to get started!
To start your tour journey at the Sharlot Hall Museum, please contact our tour coordinator Bev at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jenny Pederson, Education Program Manager, at email@example.com. You can also call our Tours phone line at (928) 445-3122 ext. 4 to begin your tour booking process.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your group soon!