PRESCOTT HISTORICAL SOCIETY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
AMENDED NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
June 27, 2023
The Board of Trustees of the Prescott Historical Society, an Arizona State Agency, will hold a meeting open to the public on the 27th of June, 2023 beginning at 4:00 pm in the Auditorium of the Fred W. Veil Education Center, 415 W. Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ. Members of the Board will attend either in person or by telephone, video or internet conferencing. The Board may go into Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from its attorneys on any of the listed agenda items pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03(A)(3) or to discuss personnel issues pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1). If the Board votes to go into Executive Session, the Executive Session will be held immediately after the vote and will not be open to the public. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Board may resume the meeting, open to the public, to address the remaining items on the agenda. The Board will discuss and may take action on any of the following items.
Mission: The Sharlot Hall Museum engages people with Central Arizona’s evolving story through interactive educational and cultural experiences
- Call to order – Marv Kaiser, Board President
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Minutes of the 4-25-2023 Prescott Historical Society Board of Trustees Meeting. (ACTION)
- President’s Report – Marv Kaiser
- Questions regarding Executive Director Report, Lisa Hayes
- Approval of contract renewal for City to pay $10,000 annually of our city utilities (water and waste). They have increased from 3 to a 5-year contract.
- Committee Reports:
a) Nominations Committee – Vote on slate of officers for FY24. Suzanne Springer (ACTION)
- Performance and Continued Employment of PHS Executive Director
Personnel Matter- Employee Complaint
Discussion, consideration, and possible action regarding the performance of the Executive Director to include her performance evaluation, an employee complaint and any and all possible employment actions. The Board may vote to meet in executive session pursuant to any or all of the following provisions regarding this regarding this agenda item; ARS section 38-431.03 (A)(1),(2) and or (3).
- Call to the Public. This is the time for the public to comment. Those wishing to address the Board of Trustees must register prior to the beginning of the meeting, and be recognized by the Chair. It is probable that each representation will be limited to no more than 3 minutes and one person per organization. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to ARS 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment is limited to directing staff to study the matter for further consideration at a later time.
CERTIFICATION OF POSTING OF NOTICE
The undersigned hereby certifies that copies of this Amended notice were duly posted at the following locations on June 24, 2023: www.sharlothallmuseum.org by Erin O’Gorman and the entry porch of the Bashford House, Sharlot Hall Museum, 415 W. Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ by Lisa Hayes in accordance with the statement filed by the Prescott Historical Society of Arizona.