Prescott Historical Society
Board of Trustees
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
The Board of Trustees of the Prescott Historical Society, an Arizona State Agency, will hold a meeting open to the public on the 23rd day of March, 2021, beginning at 4:00 pm, in the Auditorium of the Fred W. Veil Education Center at Sharlot Hall Museum, 415 W. Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ. Members of the Board will attend either in person or by telephone, video or internet conferencing.
The Board may go into Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from its attorneys on any of the listed agenda items pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03(A)(3) or discussion of personnel issues pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1). If the Board votes to go into Executive Session, the Executive Session will be held immediately after the vote and will not be open to the public. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Board may resume the meeting, open to the public, to address the remaining items on the Agenda. The Board will discuss and may take action on any of the following items:
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Minutes of the February 23, 2021, Board of Trustees Meeting. (ACTION)
- President’s Report, Kim Finston
- Barry Barbe, Vice President and member resignation
- Jamaal McCoy, appointed Vice President for remainder of 2021 term
- Nominations Committee Report, Ben Andre, chair
- Members renewing for a second three-year term
- Need for new board member prospects
- Strategic Planning Committee Report, Rich Finston, chair
- Final Review of Executive Director Succession Plan (emailed previously) DISCUSSION)
- Request for Motion and Approval of Executive Director Succession Plan (ACTION)
- Executive Director Report, Dr. Lisa Hayes
- Grants update
- Repaired roof leak at Granite Creek Center
- Installed Cisco IP pones at docent stations: Lawler, Fremont, Governor’s Mansion
- Agenda Items for Future Meetings.
- Call to the Public
- This is the time for the public to comment. Those wishing to address the Committee must register prior to the beginning of the meeting, identify the agenda item they wish to discuss, and be recognized by the Chair. It is probable that each representation will be limited to no more than 3 minutes and one person per organization. Members of the Committee may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment on any topic not specifically listed on the agenda will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the Sharlot Hall Museum at 928-445-3122. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
The undersigned hereby certifies that copies of this notice were duly posted at the following locations: www.sharlothallmuseum.org by Ken Leja on March 20, 2021, at 1 p.m., and the entry porch of the Bashford House, Sharlot Hall Museum, 415 W. Gurley St., Prescott, AZ, by Nancy Hans on March 20, 2021, at 1 p.m. in accordance with the statement filed by the Prescott Historical Society of Arizona.
Nancy Hans, Manager of Administration
Dated this 20th day of March, 2021