This replica of Prescott’s first community School House was built in 1962 by the local Rotary Club. The original school, which stood on Granite Creek near today’s Prescott Mile High Middle School, was destroyed by fire in 1948.
The building is furnished as a local, one-room school and is used for school tours and living history programming. In this way it brings the County’s educational history to life. It also has an informative panel when this programming is not available.